Aug 7, 2008

if i had to give Death a great big hug

And the grounds catching up to you now robbie. The pack’s pull not working but that’s old news now. I was a good person right? I tried to be decent and honest and gladhearted but I’ll find out soon enough if certain judgments really will meet me in the long grass below. I was at an all-night diner once when I was a younger man A guy comes up, looking pretty 8-ball with snaggletooth smile, sits down at my table puts his arm around me, starts to share his information he said, this is what he said, get this-- I have sex, Im always thinking about the pavement so I can avoid premature ejaculation. Good god. Who am I to hear this! I got up, remembering to thank him. Im freezing falling like this, like teeth chattering and my pockets are stuffed full of road maps like I might need them to find my way when I landed safely but now there is only down with the absence of up again. I could slant to left and rights but shut up why am I complaining im going to die! Ive made up my mind I am going to swan dive when I get closer. What style/ I miss second grade. And twizzlers and tearing up over schools girls trips bad things and good. From fixtures and forces and friends my sorrow cant no more stand its falling with me and im glad, gleefully hand in hand. Everything past and everything changed I was so tired of doing what I think I should do. And the whistling doom is opening its mouth and I can hear my neighbors dog baying on the hillside from my youth clear and cold. and I am as young and easy again under the apple boughs about my old tilting house as the grass then was so green and Time let me play and be golden in the mercy of his means while I fell fast and I thanked it. And with my swan dive the Sabbath rang out slowly both sideways and up to kiss me (openmouthed!) as I hurdled under the mile off moon trembling listening waiting smiling widely into the ground.

1 comment:

Mike Viglione said...

d the whistling doom is opening its mouth and I can hear my neighbors dog baying on the hillside from my youth clear and cold.